In 2006, Prakram received a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree from the M.D.S.University, Rajasthan, India and also obtained Master’s (M.Sc) in Biotechnology from the same University. In 2010 received my PhD degree entitled “Production, Cloning, Characterization and Application of an Alkali-Thermostable β-mannanase from an Environmental Isolate” from Panjab University, Chandigarh, India (2010-2014). After my PhD I worked as a Post Doctoral Research Associate at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali, India under A/Prof. Rachna Chaba in project “Investigating the role of a novel regulator, MarB in multiple antibiotic resistance (Mar) in enteric bacteria” (2014-2015).
Thereafter, I got my second research opportunity when I got Australian Endeavour Research Award 2015 by Australian Government and I joined as a Post doctoral fellow in Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences, Monash University, Melbourne (Australia) under the guidance of Prof. Thomas Davis and Dr. Cornelia Landersdorfer, in the field of Nano-biotechnology (2015-2016). During this tenure my research project aims to design Nano-hydrogel for the privation of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
After returning to India, I joined premier CSIR research laboratory of India i.e. Central Salt and Marine Chemical Research Institute (CSMCRI), Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India as a Research Associate under the guidance of chief scientist Prof. Bhavanath Jha (Chief Scientist) in Marine Biotechnology and Ecology Division.
In June 2017, I Joined Prof. Dganit Group, CryoEM Laboratory of Soft Matter, Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology “Supported in part at the Technion by a fellowship of the Israel Council for Higher Education fellowship for the period of three years.” My current investigation focuses on “Novel drug delivery system for treating brain tumors” as well as “Encapsulation of enzymes for various applications”.
- Chauhan PS, Kumarasamy M, Sosnik A, DaninoD (2019) Enhanced thermostability and anticancer activity in breast cancer cells, of laccase immobilized on Pluronic stabilized nanoparticles. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11:39436-39448 (IF 8.4).
- Dadheech T, Jakhesara S, Chauhan PS, Pandit R, Hinsu A, Kunjadiya A, Rank D, Joshi C (2019) Draft genome analysis of lignocellulolytic enzymes producing Aspergillus terreus with structural insight of β-glucosidases through molecular docking approach. Int J Biol Macromol 125:181-190 (IF 3.99).
- Chauhan PS, Goradia B, Jha B (2018) Optimization and up-scaling of ionic liquid tolerant, thermo-alkali stable extracellular laccase from marine Staphylococcus arlettae S1-20 using tea waste. J Taiwan Inst Chem Engg 86:1-8 (IF 3.84).
- Chauhan PS, Jha B (2018) Pilot scale production of extracellular thermo-alkali stable laccase from Pseudomonas S2 using agro waste and its application in organophosphorus pesticides degradation. J Chem Technol Biotechnol 93(4):1022-30 (IF 2.58).
- Prakash H#, Chauhan PS#, General T, Sharma AK (2018) Process development for the production of bioethanol from banana peel using inhouse produced thermo-alkali-stable cocktail depolymerizing enzymes. Bioproc Biosyst Eng 41(7):1003-1016 (IF 2.13).
- David A, Chauhan PS, Kumar A, Angural S, Kumar D, Puri N, Gupta N (2018) Coproduction of protease and mannanase from Bacillus nealsonii PN-11 in solid state fermentation and their combined application as detergent additives. Int J Biol Macromol 108:1176-1184 (IF 3.99).
- Chauhan PS*, Goradia B, Saxena A (2017) Bacterial laccase: Recent Update on production and industrial applications. 3Biotech 7:323 (IF 1.33).
- Chauhan PS*, Saxena A. (2016) Bacterial carrageenases: an overview of production and biotechnological applications. 3Biotech 6 (2): 146 (IF 1.33).
- Chauhan PS*, Gupta N (2016) Insight into microbial mannosidase: a review. Cri Rev Biotechnol 37(2): 190-201 (IF 7.51).
- Saxena A, Chauhan PS* (2016) Role of various enzymes in deinking of paper: a review. Cri Rev Biotechnol 37(5):598-612 (IF 7.51).
- Chauhan PS*, Jaiswar S (2016) Molecular dynamic simulation studies of bacterial thermostable mannanase unwinding the enzymatic catalysis. Biocatal Agric Biotechnol 9:41-47 (IF 0.761)
- Jaiswar S, Balar N, Kumar R, Patel MK, Chauhan PS. Morphological and Molecular Characterization of Newly Isolated Microalgal Strain Neochloris aquatica and its High Lipid Productivity. Biocatal Agric Biotechnol 9-108-112 (IF 0.761).
- Chauhan PS, Tripathi SP, Sangamwar AT, Puri N, Sharma P, Gupta N (2015) Cloning, molecular modeling and docking analysis of alkali-thermostable β-mannanase from Bacillus nealsonii PN-11. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 99 (21): 8917-25 (IF 3.81).
- Chauhan PS, Puri N, Sharma P and Gupta N (2012) Mannanases: microbial sources, production, properties and potential biotechnological applications. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93 (5): 1817-1830 (IF 3.81 ; Citations 182) (most cited article)
- George N, Chauhan PS, Kumar V, Puri N and Gupta N (2014) An approach to ecofriendly leather: lime and sulphide free dehairing of skin and hide using bacterial alkaline protease at industrial scale. J Clean Prod 79: 249-257 (IF 5.31).
- Chauhan PS, Sharma P, Puri N, Gupta N (2014) Purification and Characterization of an Alkali-Thermostable β-Mannanase from Bacillus nealsonii PN-11 and Its Application In Manno-oligosaccharides Preparation Having Prebiotic Potential. Eur Food Res Technol 238 (6): 927-936. (IF 1.91).
- Chauhan PS, Sharma P, Puri N, Gupta N (2014) A Process for Reduction in Viscosity of Coffee Extract by Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Mannan. Bioproc Biosyst Eng, 37 (7): 1459-67. (IF 2.13).
- Sondhi S, Sharma P, George N, Chauhan PS, Puri N, Gupta N (2015) A Novel Extracellular Thermo-Alkali-Stable Laccase from Bacillus tequilensis SN4 having potential to biobleach softwood pulp. 3Biotech 5 (2): 175-185. (IF 1.33).
POSTER PRESENTATION IN INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCE :
- George N, Chauhan PS, Soni SK, Rahi DK, Gupta N. “Production of an alkaline protease by Vibrio metschnikovii isolate and its application as a dehairing agent”. Presented in World Congress on Biotechnology-2011. March 21-23, 2011. HICC, Hyderabad, India
- Chauhan PS, Sharma P, Gupta N. “Isolation, Optimization and Characterization of Organic Solvent Tolerant, Cellulase-Free, Thermo-Alkali-Stable mannanase from novel Bacillus PNP-11”. Presented in International Conference on Microbial Biotechnology for sustainable Development (AMI) November 21-23, 2011. Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
- Chauhan PS, Sondhi S, Bose S, Gupta N. “Use of Alkali-Stable Laccase In Hair Coloring: Isolation, Production and Application” Presented in International Conference on “Microbial World: Recent Innovations and Future Trends” (AMI) November 22-25, 2012. KIIT University, Odisha, India
- Chauhan PS, Kumar V, Gupta N. “Development of process using response surface methodology for viscosity reduction of coffee extract by enzymatic hydrolysis of mannan” Presented in International Conference on “Frontier Discoveries and Innovations in Microbiology and its Interdisciplinary Relevance (FDMIR)” (AMI) November 17-20, 2013. M.D.University, Rohtak, India
- David A, Chauhan PS, George N, Puri N, Gupta N. “Immobilization of Thermo-Alkalistable Mannanase Produced By Bacillus nealsonii P N-11”. Presented in “National Symposium on Biotechnology In India: Challenges and Future Prospects” February 19-20, 2014. Biotechnology Branch, UIET, Panjab University, India
- Chauhan PS, Puri N, Sharma P, Gupta N. “Cloning and Functional Expression of Alkali-thermostable β-mannanase from Bacillus nealsonii PN-11 into coli”. Presented in “National Symposium on Biotechnology In India: Challenges and Future Prospects” February 19-20, 2014. Biotechnology Branch, UIET, Panjab University, India (Awarded as 2nd Best Poster Presentation)
ATTENDED INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCE / SYMPOSIUM :
- Attended a National Symposium on “Microbial Boons : Challenges Ahead” at Department of Microbiology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (October, 23, 2007)
- Attended a 4th International Symposium on “Current Trends in Drug Discovery Research CTDDR-2010” at CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow. (January 17-21, 2010).
- Attended a National Conference on Microbial Biotechnology “MICROCON-2011” at Department of Microbiology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (January 11-12, 2011).
- Attended a UGC-SAP supported National Symposium on “Microbes in Industry and Health” at Department of Microbiology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (March 4, 2011).
- Attended a UGC-SAP supported National Symposium on “Microbes: A source of value added products for 21st century” at Department of Microbiology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (March 24, 2012).
- Attended a TEQIP sponsored National Symposium on “Biotechnology In India-Bio cAMP’12” at Biotechnology Branch, UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh (September 27, 2012).
- Attended a UGC-SAP supported National Symposium on “Probiotics and Human Health” at Department of Microbiology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (September 23, 2013).
- Attended a TEQIP sponsored National Symposium on “Biotechnology In India-Challenges and Future Aspects Bio cAMP’14” at Biotechnology Branch, UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh (February 19-20, 2014).
- Attended a 8th Chandigarh Science Congress “CHASCON-2014” at Panjab University, Chandigarh (February 26-28, 2014).
- Attended a 1st Lecture Series of Bio-Club of “Chandigarh Region Innovaton and Knowledge Cluster (CRICK)” at Panjab University, Chandigarh (November 8, 2014).
- Attended Research scholars’ convention 2015 on “Challenges ahead for microbiologists and biotechnologists” at Department of Microbiology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India (25 March 2015).
- Attended National Conference on “Emerging Challenge in Biotechnology: Perspective and Prospective” at Department of Biotechnology, Chandigarh Group of College, Landran, Mohali, Panjab, India (August 21-22, 2015).
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING / WORKSHOP :
- Participated in summer training programme at Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad from May 15 – June 11, 2007.
- Participated in Workshop on “Scientific Writing and Publication” organized by Association of Microbiologists of India-American Society for Microbiologists (AMI-ASM) held on November 03, 2011 at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Participated in Workshop on “The Diversity of Desert Bacteria” organized by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India held from March 12-13, 2012 at Department of Microbiology, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Participated in Workshop on “Scientific/Research Paper Writing” organized by National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) held from April 05-07, 2013 at Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Participated in Workshop on “Creativity and Innovation” organized by S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology held on July 20, 2013 at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Participated in Workshop on “IPR Filling Procedures, Patentability Search and Patent Drafting” organized by Centre For Industry Institute Partnership Programme (CIPP) held on September 7, 2013 at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Participated in Workshop on “Art of Science Communication” organized by American Society for Microbiology (ASM) held on December 04, 2013 at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Participated in Workshop on “Research Methodology, Statistical analysis and Stress Management” organized by Panjab University Campus Student Council (PUCSC) in collaboration with Centre for Public Helath held on January 30-31, 2014 at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Participated in the “Stimulating Bio-enterpreneurs Talk” organized by Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises-Able held on July 11th, 2014 at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Participated in the “Royal Society of Chemistry Publishing Workshop” organized by RSC and CSIR-CSMCRI held on September 19th, 2016 at Central Salt and Marine Chemical Research Institute (CSIR-CSMCRI), Bhavnagar, Gujarat.